Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 84

Thread: Vain @ Welly, Hull 25.05.05

  1. #11
    Inactive Member rockatop's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    err.....darren mate.....its actually the 25th!
    can see the alterno's, grungers n nu metal freaks look of horror as a load of glammies set up camp outside the welly on tuesday waiting for a glam rock show while the dj spins all our most hated alternative shit....nice!

    ha ha ha......
    ian / shmian

  2. #12
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew there was something amiss about my
    bloody production diary too. Has it always
    been the 25th?

    Hey ho. It gives me an extra day with the camera
    to shoot coverage etc.

    D.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey D, Hanoi are playing the welly on Saturday. Or is it Friday? Hang on a minute its not Hanoi its Motley Crue, but its Wednesday not Friday..or is it? Better check me production diary. Ah here it is!
    Monday bath the dog. No its not that. Ah Tuesday, this has got to be it.
    Worm the cat? No not that day either! Hang on! This isnt my diary?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ja ja. I got an email today from the Aussie crashing
    in our spare room: 'I'll see you on Thursday.'
    And this guy is going to ever gig! [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Cracking day today, though. Martin and I (already
    snapped up by the biz before we get chance to
    flower) got the media production/DVD authoring job
    (as you know) and I also picked up the XL1 and
    back-up cameras for the night.

    I couldn't help myself but start filming for the
    short film. I went to the multi-story carpack
    on George St., and was disallowed to shoot some
    ariel stuff on the top floor, because I would have
    overlooking (in a how-dare-you-since 9/11-happen-
    ed kind of way) the QG police station. Fuck it,
    I snuck up there anyway.

    I'm using some of the RR doco's intro ideas for
    the Vain film, now that it looks like we'll be
    using who-know-who to voice-over the intro.

    Even though I'm an NUJ member, I also tried
    breaking the BBC's picket lines - 'You might
    want to think twice about that, if you are.
    [a member of the NUJ]' 'Just get out of the way,
    mate.' 'No.' 'Well piss off, then.'

    vaineditsuite</a>

    D.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    18:30 Currently squandering some time between
    meeting Vain and interviewing them later... Cool
    guys. Bus is surprisingly narrow inside. And, of
    course, Davy said there was no way I'm interviewing
    them until they're in the glam-rags. Fair enough.

    Just a blast of the new album - and it's pretty
    good. I haven't played it enough to know if
    it's 'not unlike No Respect' at all.

    D.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Glammy-Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2004
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wish I was goin to this show too tonight,have been to rock City & JBs and am now skint,till the London show lol, but as some of you know I love takin pics so heres a few from the JBs show last night,I hope you enjoy them,but please if ya gonna use them let me know and give me the credit cheers.



    VainJBs039
    VainJBs036
    VainJBs035
    fc1a795c
    VainJBs021

    6866553f

  7. #17
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool pix. Hull show was rather good. Not as many
    people as expected, but a good show nevertheless.

    For my film, I managed to corner Davy for 10
    minutes, in the backstage room. I also managed
    to shoot most of 'Down For The Third Time'. But
    actually, I could have filmed the whole set and
    I doubt anybody would have stopped me, but as
    it goes, I wanted to experience the gig as opposed
    to film it.

    I shot a bit of Disarm's set, too, who are a band
    the kids should probably check out.

    For now, here's one of the crap stills pix I
    took.

    vainpic1

    The Disarm and Vain films will hopefully be ready
    in a week or so.

    D.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I knew Damon Hill was a bit of a closet axe hero but i didnt realise he had Joined Vain since quitting F1

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Andii Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,547
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn Ian you are correct! The spit of Damon lol.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member neonkick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the London show on Friday!!
    The pics look cool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •